11.17.2007

trapped in a basement....

I have a new light bulb in my lamp. It's supposed to improve my attitude, especially during winter, and I could use that. I could use more light, more happy, a wider spectrum.

Mostly I use the lamp to read. This week I read "The Lone Surfer of Montana Kansas" by Davy Rothbart and find it extremely sad and incredibly heartbreaking. It fills me with longing -- insofar as one can be filled with emptiness -- which pretty much negates any benefit of the new light bulb and puts me right back where I started. It's like putting on a raincoat to stay dry and then jumping into a swimming pool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, one of those lights for growing things..... I see now...

Cicely said...

That new light bulb sounds like it's working.

...

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

um, yeah P'j (that's pronounced, "peejed" btw). Anyway, um... if you need more light, you should come visit the cain-suite-suite-mangum pad on the east side... we're full of light, with a house hosting 4 of your favourite people (4 1/2 if you count miles).

We miss you... you should make out with Aunite Linney (aka Mizz Morgan).
ssm

Heather-joy said...

PeeJay, Come out of the basement and read your sad book outside. It's pretty now and the weather is improving slightly. love ya!